B-GOOD has the overall goal to provide guidance for beekeepers and help them make better and more informed decisions.
- honeybee vibrations-based accelerometers to produce long term statistics;
- gas and spatially resolved temperature measurements;
- automated bee counters (hive mortality rates, pollen flow, drone/worker discrimination);
- sensors to detect pesticide residues;
- devices to detect honey bee viruses of high health relevance;
- analytical tool for genetic imprint.
Latest from the project
On 9 July 2019 B-GOOD met its sister project INSIGNIA to exchange ideas and plan for future collaboration. Both B-GOOD's Coordinator Dirk de Graaf, Ghent University... read more
Big data, an interactive platform and six different technological innovations are the core of the recently started Horizon 2020 project B-GOOD in its 4-year mission to... read more
New research looks into the association between the deformed wing virus and the parasitic mite Varroa destructor
Newly published research looks into the association between the deformed wing virus and the parasitic mite Varroa destructor as a major cause of... read more